Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Director's Qualifications

I'm a little unclear on the qualifications for a director. It states that for a director of a large school that "five years of administrative or management experience or an equivalent duration of higher education at a college or university" is sufficient. Does that mean that a four year degree would suffice as a substitute for four years of admin or mngt experience?

Brent,
You bring up a good point. The wording in the actual TWC CSC rules is slightly different than in the course. The rules state: A school director of other than a small school shall be of good reputation and have a total of five years of administrative or management experience. An equivalent duration of higher education, college or university, may be substituted for each year of experience.
Therefore, a combination of education and management experience must total 5 years, i.e. a 4-year degree plus at least 1 year of administrative/management experience is acceptable.

JP Mehlmann

Good information. I thought 5+ years of experience was required in addition to your 4+ year degree.

Edward,
Thank you for your post. The education/experience required depends on the level/credential awarded as stated in the TWC CSC rules and as outlined on the TWC Instructor Application form. I suggest you bookmark the rules and forms page for reference.
Thanks,

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment