Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

School Director's Designee

The school director must assigned a designee at each location who is trained on TWC survey procedures. Is the designee required to meet the six hours continue education requirement?

Jorge,

That's a good question. I cannot find the answer explicitly in the TWC/CSC regulations however; the section on continuing education requirements states that all full-time instructors, Director of Admissions, and School Director must have at least 6 hours every year "applicable to the position". Based on this statement, I suggest that, since the Designee is expected to function like a school director (in the school director's absence), then the designee should meet the same continuing education requirement.

JP Mehlmann

Mr. Mehlmann,

This is great to know as is very important to keep up to date with all rules and regulations.

Thanks
Jorge

I agree. The statement notes that directors, full time instructors and directors of admissions are required to complete a minimum of six hours of training, but it does not specifically note that requirement for the director of education. Our Director of Education and I had this discussion yesterday and feel that it would be best for him to complete the training to represent best practice, even though he has served as our Director in the past. Thanks for confirming that plan; it is a logical deduction.
Pam Trimble
Campus Director

Pam,
Thanks for your comments. You bring up an excellent point that was not addressed in the prior posts.

JP Mehlmann

It is stated in TWC regulations that directors must complete 6 hours of training. This would also apply to the designee. It is in the best interest of the institution to always exceed accrediting body standards which will ensure compliance.

Arturo,

Yes, and it is also important to compare to all regulatory body requirements (TWC-State and any/all accrediting commissions) to ensure exceeding the minimum.

JP Mehlmann

That is the reasoning that I used and definitely felt that if a person is going to make decisions in my place for the school, he or she should have the same training that I have in order to do so.

Dan,
Excellent- be sure to document the designee's training to include their review/training on theTWC Directors Resource Guide.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment