Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Representative Approvals

While it's clear that TWC must approve a representative before the representative can begin his/her duties as a representative (solicit, interview, and enroll prospective students), my question relates to why the date used by TWC as the approval date is the date the application was received, not when the application was approved. Not a big issue, since I understand that the representative must be approved before they can execute their duties, just curious as to why they use the application receipt date, not the date TWC approved the application. Thanks.

Hi Scott,
That is an excellent question. Pages 9-10 of the CSC Rules show a time period of 21 days for processing representative applications. The Rules specify 21 days as the time period for "Date of Issuance". Do you see a difference between the "Effective Date" and the "Date of Issuance" on your most recent Notice of Approved Representatives? That said, the rules do NOT state that the approval date is the date CSC receives the application. I cannot speak for why the CSC does this. Actual processing times may vary depending on current workload of CSC staff. This and other factors may be reason for the CSC to use the receipt date as their standard.

Thanks,

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment