Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

build relationships that lead to a student graduation

We take care to follow each of our students progress throughout there time at school to assist when educational speed bumps occur.

The school I work for assigns a personal instructor to each student so they can always call and/or email their respective instructor if they have any questions/concerns or if they need assistance with an assignment. We also have a full-time technology instructor, whose contact information is also readily available to students and staff. Providing a seamless transition from the initial point of contact with a potential student to that student's graduation from the school is essential!

All students are important! Let me rephrase
that. All students are important regardless of the baggage they bring to your school. We need to be accesible and understanding. For many students, getting an education is stressful
and demanding. They need to be able to trust us and our school. Building relationships is vital
to many of them graduating.

Building a relationship based on trust is imperative to helping that student succeed. Many of our students do not have the ideal support system in their personal lives, and they really need our staff to be accessible and approachable. Our employees are great at living up to this expectation.

I have an open door policy for anyone that has been accepted. I also send birthday cards out to students.

I also send out personal notes and birthday cards. You wouldn't believe how much of a difference that makes! The students then feel as if they are a person instead of a number. That also helps build your pipeline with referrals!

I take a lot of pride in doing more than just enrolling and helping a student through the admissions process. I follow up with all of my students as they progress through their college career. I find that this helps them to feel support from me when school and life present challenges.

It is so important to build that relationship with your students because they have meet you and they need someone to trust while going through the whole process from 1st meeting to graduation.Alot of my students text me or call me anytime to talk about whats going on in there school life and or personal life because they know i care.

I build a rapport with my students . They know they can always count on me. I'M here for them .

What I feel is so distinctive about our schools is the fact that students are not a number; they are a real person that most likely has struggled with their education and therefore their career. Our schools teach students differently, approach the student as a customer, and follow the student through to graduation. It truly is the ultimate joy to watch a student who has had failure after failure in life and then finally find success - all with the help of you!

I agree with this approach students are important to us after they leave the admissions office it is very important that we remember who they are and why they are attending school. The relationship with the student and admissions is vital we are the first person they see it is also important for building our inquiry base with referals.

I can't speak for everyone else...but for myself and the small team that I work with at our "satelite" campus (learning site), we tend to all have conversations with each other's students at some point throughout their enrollment process. By being there for another rep's students when they are not around help them realize that we are here for them and they don't always have to wait on the person that enrolled them.

This is great, Riblet! It is critical to provide support to students the entire time they are in school...not only are you helping get the student to graduation, but you are building trust with that student which can lead to future referrals and graduates!

It really feels good when a student thanks you for encouraging them through school until graduation.

100% agree with this statement. These students are putting trust in us to help provide them with a better future. We definately need to be able to provide information throughout their entire process as a student.

I want students to graduate. I tell them during
the interview and enrollment process that I am their "go to" guy. If they have a problem with something here at school, I will try to help resolve it. Rapport and continued contact fosters
a relationship that can be focused on the goal of graduation and a better future.

I think that building relationships is really important as well but it's not realistic to expect that your relationship will lead to their graduation. As admissions coordinators we are the face of the school and are (usually)the first person a student comes in contact with. They bond with us, understandably, but their educational challenges are just that: THEIR educational challenges. Students are expected to communicate with their professors when those speed bumps occur.

I take on the personal responsibility of following up with each one of my students per module. This ensures my students know that I take an interest in their success while they are here and to see if I can provide feedback to management and other departments to make the campus run more smoothly.

Kellie,

It is nice that you take the extra effort to stay involved with the students throughout their educational experience. Can you provide any examples of feedback that you have received through this contact?

Our Admissions Advisors commonly remain the point of conduct for students well after enrollment because we have built a trusting relationship with them.

Sign In to comment