Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Your Own Knowledge

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution?

I rate my knowledge about my school to be very good mainly because I keep up-to-date on changes and new policies and proceedure made within my school.

Knowledge of my institution is extremely high. I was fortunate, my Director made training a priority. I met with Career Services, faculty, fellow admissions representatives and reviewed all rules and regulations the first two to three weeks on the job. It was important that I was fully informed and up to date on anything and everything that a potential student would need to know during our meeting.

As I am heading into my 5th year at my institution, I feel very knowledgable. We are constantly training, renewing and being updated periodically on any new changes.

I am very knowledgable about the rules, regulations and procedures that govern our school. We are constantly changing out paperwork from the school binder in exchange for the new and updated materials.

I rate my knowledge above average. When you are an admissions rep you will be asked questions that cover all departments in the school. You need to be acknowledgeable about the departments or be able to contact the right person in that department to answer questions that you do not know.

I rate my knowledge about my institution extremely high. We attend yearly advisory board meeting for all of our programs, we participate in classroom observations, and we are involved with every student’s “mid-program” assessment to be sure they are understanding course materials and learning valuable skills.

I am a new hire with this school so my knowledge base is at a 9 at this time, but soon to reach a ten after completion of this tutorial as it is creating questions I did not have prior to taking this course.

Iman,

I am glad you are finding this training helpful. If you have any questions as you go, please let me know.

I rate my knowledge extremely high. When someone is hired he or she meets with each department so they have a clear understanding of what each department is responsible for. A new hire will also sit in on different classes so they have a better understanding of the classroom setting. We also have ongoing training at our campus and with the Home Office. As I stated on a previous forum, we have weekly meetings with Management, the Admissions Department, Admissions and Financial Aid Departments and a conference call with the Home Office. This insures that everyone is aware of any changes that need to be made, new policies, programs, etc. We also have advisory board meetings for each program twice a year. A different member of the Admissions Department will attend a meeting and then share the information learned with the rest of the department. This allows us to stay current with each program at the campus.

Sitting in on classes is very helpful as well as informative and helps the rep explain to a first time college student how classes will be taught at their school. Also what they can expect as a student, and gives the rep a chance to explain the instructors teaching methods.

Maribeth,

It sounds like your school has a very comprehensive system in place.

I would rate my knowledge as a 10. I understand each departments, our policies and procedures.

I rate myself at the highest. In order to help the student to make the best career choice possible it is vital that we know this. Product knowledge is one of the most important tools that we should have in order to be a true professional in the admissions arena.

Theodore,

You are absolutely correct. It is very important that you are knowledge in order to best assist the students.

Fortunately for the Admissions Advisors here at the school I'm employed with, we have the opportunity to work with a very knowledgeable staff. We participate in meetings with our Director of Admissions as well as the Department Chairs for each one of the programs that are offered. In addition, we have regular meetings with our corporate office for "Reminder Trainings" and trainings on new material or changes occuring presently or in the future. We participate in meetings with our campus president and I can't think of anyone at our campus that doesn't have an open door policy or who isn't willing to pass on information when asked. I feel my level of knowledge at this instituion is high as any time I may have a question, I feel free to ask it and there hasn't been an instance yet when I feel "in the dark" about what changes are occuring at a corporate level or individual location level.

Andrea,

Working with such a knowledgeable and helpful staff will be a huge benefit for you.

I agree! The staff here have already proven themselves to be a huge workplace support system!

I would rate mine high. We always have weekly discussions, emails being sent, so that we are always up to date with any new information.

I rate my knowledge as excellent. I keep up with all changes and updates and make sure the information is always accessible.

Sign In to comment