Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hi Kim, to answer your question, on a scale of 1-10 I rate my knowledge at about an 8 or 9. I have just recently entered the admissions field and have only been in training for 2-3 weeks. The trainer who is teaching us, has been amazing, covering all the information we could ever need to know. I am fully familiar and have memorized all the schools and degree programs within each school for our institute. While, I haven't all the courses/classes memorized, once the student has disclosed his interests, career goals, and general information, I can better guage where the student would be best placed at. Thanks!

my institution has provided me with amazing training and the skills i need to be succesfull.

I'm new to my institution so I have a lot to learn. The school website has been very helpful thus far providing basic information about the programs my institution offers. I've also been speaking with the other admissions reps and they've shed some good insights into the programs as well. Reading the responses has given me good ideas about how to go about obtaining additional information.

I would rate my knowledge about my institution high, but it is interesting to see the different rules and processes by state. Each state has a unique way in presenting the rules and regulations and it is intriguing to see how it becomes an integral part of the Admission's process. The processes take the level of knowledge needed to a different level. That approach assist many Admission's personnel to really take the role seriously, be knowledgeable and forthright when sharing information.

As a new representative, I beleive I am fairly knowledgable about my school. I think that there is always more to learn, but for now, I think I am on my way to being a successful rep.

As this is my first week my knowledge of my university and its programs is still fairly low. However, my supervisors have been great at providing me with information on all of our programs and procedures. Now I just need to spend some time reading through the information so I can respond to student questions without pausing or scrambling to find the paper I need to answer their questions.

I have a lot to learn yet about my institution. Today is my first day so I have a long way to go to learn all the ins and outs of the way we do things here.

I think that I have a good knowledge about this institution. However, I can always use resources to learn more.

I would rate my knowledge of my school an 8 out of 10. I am well versed with the mission statement, what the school offers and provides. However, things change everyday and you have to be actively seeking information and update your knowledge base.

As a new rep I have been given alot of information in short amount of time. Although overwhelming at times I have learned alot about the school and programs.

Learning, in every walk of life, is a never ending process. While it is helpful to have a good knowledge of the institution, it is vital to understand where to find the information and be able to access it quickly when the need arises.

I will always be willing to gain more knowledge about my institution. You never stop learning and there is always something new to train on. This is an ongoing process and I am looking to get whatever I can from my peers and supervisors as well as from students and teachers when I visit the campus

-Shawn

Being a new hire for a new institute I rate my own knowledge highly. I think I will be a great additioin to there team but I hope to learn more everyday!

I would rate my knowledge of my institution around a 7/10. I'm pretty familiar with the programs we offer along with the features and benefits but I feel that I will get the full picture of things once my team goes to visit the campus next month.

I am still new to my School but my husband is a graduate so I have a unique perspective regarding the program. As I learn about my role in the company it is interesting to remember the effect of some policies on my husbands education and how we navigated the waters as a spousal team. I can now use my experience to relate to my students.

I agree, I am fairly knew to this institution as well and am trying to soak it all in. I constantly ask numerous questions people in a variety of positions to gain more knowledge to make me more effective in my position.

Considering that I have only been here one week, I feel that my knowledge of my institution is above average. I have had an opportunity to sit in on a variety of classes, have sat in on enrollments with the other representatives and have read our catalog online. I have also been able to talk to our career management person and have sat in on one of her "Career Prep" classes. I have many of our forms to reference and am looking forward to my official training next week.

I am very lucky that I have been with my institution for a few months before coming into admissions so I was able to have a lot of knowledge before coming into this position.

As a new employee at this institution I have relatively adequate information about this school. However, I am loearning more every day.

My knowledge is very limited at this point, since today is only my 5th day on the job; however, I am constantly learning by reading all materials given to me, participating in daily team huddles, and listening to/observing management and co-workers.

Sign In to comment