Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Free Enrollment

Where i work we are not title 4 funded and students can enroll or free. Are there alot of other schools that offer free enrollment? And do all title 4 schools require an enrollment fee?

Justin:

Most school do charge an enrollment fee. However, state laws limit the amount of the fee that can be charged (it cannot exceed $130)and the fee must be refunded if the student cancels their enrollment within 5 days of sigining the enrollment contract (assuming they have not started classes in which case the normal state tuition refund rules would apply).

To add to this topic, from my experience it seems for-profit institutions tend to not have an enrollment or application fee as to entice the prospective students to apply

To add to this topic, from my experience it seems for-profit institutions tend to not have an enrollment or application fee as to entice the prospective students to apply

At my previous school where I worked - we gave away scholarships for full tuion - just had to pay the fees and books. It was a very nice scholarship fund.

We are for-profit, Title IV eligible school, but we do not charge any enrollment fee.

I have been in for-profit education since 1987 and I have never seen a school without an application fee. The amount of the fee has veried from institution to institution, but the prospective student has always had to pay the fee.

I do not believe that all schools charge for enrollment applications. I could be wrong but I feel positive that all do not.

Is that to get students acquanted with their school possibly to see if they are a good fit? Maybe they want to provide people the chance to try and attend without that up front fee.

I think that most campuses have free money -such as scholarships if you write a paper on a certain subject. They usually have money set aside for this purpose.

If a campus is for profit it makes sense that they would charge an up front fee to process the enrollment agreement.

i work for a non-profit school and we do not charge an enrollment fee and we get alot of enrollment and great sucess rate.

we do charge an enrollment fee if the student canceled within 5 working days they would get a refund. no free enrollment.

Our school has no enrollment fee. This makes the student feel good about applying knowing that they do not have to pay a fee. It also does not gain the commitment of the student. If they pay a fee, they are more likely to start at your school.

I think it's good to have free enrollment. The prospective student has his or her guards up when they talk to a school. The potential student knows that eduacation is already going to cost. So, in order to remove a great barrier, free enrollment is the best way to start. This will put the student at ease somewhat.

I agree, but we just received a call from a student saying she's never heard of a school requiring an application fee. Not sure where she is applying.

I believe there should not be a fee to enroll in school as well. The student popultation we work with makes it difficult sometimes to collect additional fees. It's nice when it's put all in their FA.

i also agree there should be limits on fees from the colleges. different ways to save students extra money

Sign In to comment