Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A set process

In every admissions department there should be a step by step process for every single applicant. All of the paperwork should be organized and available to each rep to walk up and put a package together. The paperwork needs to be updated regularly for compliance. Checklist is an admissions representative’s best friend, it assures all of the steps and documents are completed and ready for the file. There really is no fast way to complete this process; it must be done diligently and with care. The entire college is at risk when files and admissions paperwork is not in line.

Twyla:

These are great points.

Is there someone in your school who reviews the checklist to assure that all of the applicable state/federal/accrediting admissions requirements are reflected in the checklist?

Yes, each admissions representative has access to the checklist that they must utilize. after the representative has checked it, the admission's coordinator review the application, and then it is passed on the the Director of Admission's to sign.

I agree It pays to stay consistent with the enrollment process and the checklist is very resourceful. The admissions coordinator always reviews the checklist and enrollment paperwork (to assure accuracy) before processing the file.

At my institution we utilize checklists when filling out all enrollment forms to ensure that they are all filled out and as a quality check to make sure they are done properly. After we get done with them, they then go to our quality check person to make sure they all are filled out in compliance with regulations.

Being organized is vital. I have a check list that I create for each student and keep it in a binder, which is available to my supervisor if I am out of the office. This not only helps me stay orgainized but helps my supervisor and team. You never want a student to feel like they are not important. My binder allows the team to help that individual in my absence and assures that their needs are met.

At our school, for every program we have folders that are completely done. All the admissions reps need to do is pull it and everything is there based on the program. The checklist is also there but the enrollment cord does this part.

Our school does have a step-by-step process that all representative follow. This helps to ensure that no step is missed during the enrollment.

The paperwork is reviewed for accuracy and then we also follow-up with a phone call to the student to see if they have any questions/concerns.

I know at my school we do have set procedures that we need to follow. I am new to admissions and have not gotten to actually perform these duties with a perspective student but I am not nervous b/c our checklist is so complete and clear!

At our school there are forms prepackaged for the various programs day's or evening classes. once the student has been interviewed, toured and tested and extended an application, you procure the forms and make copies of the forms the students will take home with them. copies are viewed by Director of Admissons and the Director for signatures. Forms then are placed in the educational file and financial aid file. Checks and balances are continiously done. When changes have been made or updates dut to modifications, old forms are removed and replaced by updated version.

Sign In to comment