Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Admissions Process

The admissions process is the most important process of any institution, and thus it is required that admissions reps adhere to the policies set forth in the strictest manner.

I agree it is very important that the admission rep is very clear with the infomation that is being given to student so there are no misconceptions

I also agree...this course will help everyone have a very clear understanding of what our responsibilities are as Admissions personnel

It is an important role and the State regulations are clear. As an Admissions rep, students are brought in to the college, learn about the college and sign on the dotted line to become a student. It is important to provide the necessary information to the student so that they are sure to have what they need to make the right decision.

If it's done properly, the student is excited about the decision he/ she made, not that they were 'sold' on doing this. We just guided them to the decision they wanted to make and just needed more understanding as to why this was right for their futures.

I agree, when an admissions representative is going over information on the college, it is best to do it in steps, I find the applicant will pay better attention when it is done step by step.

I agree. We have specific steps in this process so that the student is aware of all policies, procedures, and program requirements.

I agree, I feel that students and/or parent are MUCH happier and feel MUCH better about our school if they can match what we say with the information in the catalog. Thus leading to less cancelations, and happy students with great feedback!

I agree. My school has a power point that I use in every interview. It's easy for the student to follow along and I don't leave anything out as well.

I agree. Admission process is very important.. We are the first point of contact for the college, we have to uphold the standards of the college and the OACCS

Absolutely, professionalism and compliance only ensures confidence in each admission representative’s ability to be an agent even if a particular student isn't a good fit for his/her school. The agent’s attitude enhances the prospective student’s school search experience and ultimately their career goals.

I also agree that the admissions process is vital to ensuring that the prospective student is informed of all rules, policies, and procedures before they enter the school.

I agree. I inform the student first thing that i will be making a copy of all the paperwork so they can get it home and really read through it and hand them my card. Then we take the time to go over each page so they fill comfortable about what they are signing and know they can call me with any questions at any time.

I agree. The student has so much information they need to process, it is best not to overwhelm them. If you take it step by step, it will be much easier on both the student and the admission rep!

I agree. The student has so much information they need to process, it is best not to overwhelm them. If you take it step by step, it will be much easier on both the student and the admission rep!

I appreciate students being able to make an informed decision regarding their education. I feel that the Admissions Process we follow allows students to discover more about themselves while also understanding whether or not our school meets their goals, needs and values.

I agree. We must be very thorough so the student has all the information they need to make an informed decision.

A thorough admissions process is critical to the success of the student, as well as the institution.

In admissions here at our school we have a power point that we use in every first interview. It creates enthusiasm in the student while walking through the enrollment process.

In my opinion, it is extremely important that the admissions process runs smoothly because it is the initial experience a person will have with the school.

Sign In to comment