Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organize, Organize, Organize

Is the key to your success!

I agree if you organize from rules to regulations and then departments to career services. It will be helpful to interact more with your student in easy transitions. It wont be so choopy and out of place. also looks more professional. You are setting the standard!

Organization is also very important in the interview process.

So very ture! You have to be on top of everything and use technology to work smarter not harder.

Agreed, Mary Jane!

It is important to keep good notes on each student and keep their information organized throughout the whole process. It comes in handy from the time they enroll through the retention process!

This is so true. This also will eliminate long hold times if the student called in and had a quick question about his or her file.

yes, organization is key to student success. We cannot ask our students to be organized if we are not. We have to lead by example.

To be organized is to be a successful agent/advisor. Organization not only helps students to be processed more efficiently, but also reduces agent work effort which will help agents increase their student enrollments.

I make it a point at the start of each year to get prepared for the upcoming year by making several check lists. Everything from what I need to have in my car, to marketing material/cards supplies and others in-school needs. Equipment is also important. All of this adds up to being prepared to tackle the challenges of the job and being prepared to service the students and teachers you encounter.

While I find myself to be an organized individual with my daily life, being new to the admissions agent industry, I'm looking for insight on best practices to keep up to date with potential graduates, current students, and graduates. I have been going through modules and have had an overview of software tracking devices; however, have had no practice with these systems. Is there a training mode, or feedback that anyone would be willing to give to a "newbee." I would appreciate any advice for keeping orgainized and learning successful methods.

I agree I am going to set up folders of all the suggested material in a folder for my team.

I input all the student contact numbers and adrees in my Droid so when I have two students call in and the name is "John White" I know which one is calling. I have also attached a picture to each persons file so when the call I really know which one is calling me. I use this format for all my students to make sure I keep them straight.

I like this solution and would do he same myself but,would that be on a work phone or personal or would it matter if you have students information on your personal phone?

I totally agree with this statement. Organization brings on long-term success for the agent and student... Keeping appropriate notes and files, can help with student retention, and also help with new enrollments as well.

I agree! Each team member should have an organized file of material to present to the student. This way the students' expectations can be set from the beginning of their interview process.

Keeping student information and having it organized also gives the student confidence that they are known and that the personnel care about them. It is disheartening to have to "tell your story" over and over again to the next department.

Tracking your discussions with students is vital in keeping up with them. Organization of their information and where they are at in the process just makes your job easier.

Being organized is the key to any aspect of work. from enrollment til the day the graduate, and even into helping them find work. If they see your organized i truly feel that gives them a better view of the schools as well.

I couldnt agree more. Being organized i believe falls under the catagory of an intangible service. You need to know where everything is and how to quickly access it at all times! You dont want to be fumbling through papers trying to get someone an answer to a question. I believe it shows poor customer service!

organization is not only key to success! it also shows that you take pride in your work!

Sign In to comment