Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizing the Paperwork

How can you or did you organize all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions process according to state guidelines?

I have a large binder with the state rules and regulations in it, the policies and procedures of the admissions department and a checklist of the admissions process, according to state and my college's rules. I included an example of a completed enrollment agreement. Also, I sat down with the financial aid director and had her explain the financial aid process to me from beginning to end and placed that information in the binder.

OUr binder contains a copy of the state's policies and guideline in the front for a quick reference and is coded in red which represents 'state mandates' to us. A properly completed sample set of paperwork is next which includes our financial agreement, enrollment requirements, refund policies and more are in the next section coded in blue which represents 'school policy' to us. All of our agents took time to become familiar with the paperwork in the binder and all comments and questions were addressed.

Deborah:

This sounds like an excellent method of organizing your information.

We now have a binder has state guidelines and procedures. We have our training manual with updated bulletins. We also have an enrollment plan of action that is reviewed with each prospective student.

I have added our Admissions guidelines and check off list to my resource notebook. Ohio's state guidelines are included in our Admissions guidelines paperwork.

I keep a folder with any updated info and make sure I am familiar with any changes that occur.

I have a large binder that contains the specific requirements for all of the states that we recruit students from encluding Ohio. It contains not only admissions requirements per state but also refund policies and financial agreements for each state. Since there are so many state specific requirements the binder has tabs seperating the states where there is a convenient "highlights" outline page so I can quickly see the specifics of what is needed in that state.

I have each of the forms that are required to be completed by students in a separate area in my filing cabinet. I have the checklist that is required to be completed by the Agents first, and then all of the other forms follow in order. Therefore, when I get to that step in the Interview Process, I can easily access all the required forms for students and agents alike and check them off as they are completed. This not only makes the process go smoothly, but ensures that each form is completed correctly and efficiently.

I have a large binder with all the required paperwork necessary for the enrollment process. I also met with current admission advisers to better understand the process. I met the the FA Director as well.

A three ring binder contains all of the necessary information for the admissions process. In addition, a check list is used when enrolling students.

In my binder I am also going to have dividers for each section that we check off our "list". This is where I will keep the examples, discriptions and updates for each item or step that is part of our check off list.

I got a binder and printed off everything I could that was applicable to the process and keep it in the binder. I refer back to it on occassion just to make sure I have not forgotten anything. Then, before passing it on I check the admission folder on the new student to make sure that I have everything in the file that is needed to be in compliance.

Staying organized with all the paperwork and information that is related to completing the admissions process according to state guidelines is very important.
Keeping different folders with specific paperwork regarding different processes or a binder is a good way to stay organized.
You can also make a checklist of different documents that are needed to complete a file.

I created a bid binder with all of this information. I also tabs the material to make it easier to find.

I will now have a three ring binder in the admissions office tabbed with the various table of contents. Each of the 26 administrative rules will be available for the admissions staff to review or reference if needed during the admissions process. All paperwork for the campus is available in a top file drawer based on what paperwork is needed depending the student and the program he or she is enrolling at the campus.

I have a binder in my office to add state rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Also, I keep Admissions information and updates along with financial aid information. I like staying updated on state rules and regulations and any procedures to enhance my job.

We try to have all the paperwork that is a part of the admissions process organized in a folder. Each student must have all necessary paperwork that placed in a indivdual file and kept in the same order to be audited before the admissions prcess can be finalized.

I have found that a large 3 ring binder is the best way to keep myself organized.

I printed out all materials and placed them in a binder for easy access.

Sign In to comment