Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What is your organization's policy on refunding application fees?

It is my belief that the application fee refund should be based on individual circumstances.

Hey Cynthia,

We refund the money if we have a request in writing within five business days but we have refunded on a case by case basis beyond the five days. Our director has flexibility. There have been times we have had a waiting list and it isn't fair to hold a spot for someone who has no intention of coming at the expense of another prospective student. If there is an indication that the student can't start for reasons beyond their control we have at times refunded the registration fee.

Our school has a 6 day policy due to the right of recision in the State of Ohio. We have also made exceptions beyond the 6 days in a case by case basis.

An individuals circumstance is evaluated in the event a refund might be due. As stated in our enrollment agreement a student has 5 business days to cancel and request a refund of the application fee. If the circumstances extend beyond 5 days it is up to the discression of the director.

At my school, the reg. fee is due @ the time of enrollment. If the student decides that they don't want to come to school or another factor is preventing them, they have 5 business days to recieve their money back. After that, it stays on file & is good for a whole year.

We also refund within 5 business days, either by request in writing or via a phone call. Like you we have made some exceptions to the rule if there were extenuating cercumstances such as family illness or circumstances beyond the applicants control.

Cynthia,

A student has within 5 business days to cancel their enrollment, for a full refund of their out of pocket expense. After the 5th business day that fee shall remain on the books for a full year. If that student decides to re-apply any time during that year, they will not be required to resubmit that portion of their application fee. Does that answer your question?

We do not charge an application fee.

Due to the ever changing educational industry, us like most schools no longer charge an application fee.

We do not have an "application" fee. We have a"tuition deposit". I've been a director of admissions for LTI; a Field Rep for Wichita, KS; a top producer for 18 yrs. for UTI. OTC, my current school, not only gives the student 5 business days to cancel, but extends that 60 more days to tour the school & cancel. I believe that OTC, family owned & run,is the fairest & best school I have ever had the priviledge to represent.

We do not have an "application" fee. We have a"tuition deposit". I've been a director of admissions for LTI; a Field Rep for Wichita, KS; a top producer for 18 yrs. for UTI. OTC, my current school, not only gives the student 5 business days to cancel, but extends that 60 more days to tour the school & cancel. I believe that OTC, family owned & run,is the fairest & best school I have ever had the priviledge to represent.

Sign In to comment