Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Electronic Resource Notebook

I have discovered for me it is a lot more convenient to have my Resource Notebook electronically as opposed to an actual paper notebook. Has anyone else found this to be true?

I feel that a actual paper notebook is the way to go. There have been many situations where I find myself without a computer, internet access ect.....
To just have a notebook within reach when ever you need it is just the ticket. I suppose it would be a great idea to have both.

I agree that using both is highly effective. A tangible resource notebook is always available while an electronic version is often easier to update and maintain unspoiled originals. My thumb drive and resource binder are never too far away.

For myself, an electronic resource notebook is definitely the way to go. I almost always have a computer close to hand. Maybe a hard copy would be beneficial in some circumstances. But if stored in an e-mail, the notebook would be available from any computer with internet access.

I think having both is good. There is something powerful about being able to see something printed (& touch it) that makes it seem real & legitimate. Of course, it is nice to be able to forward it in an email also. The key is being able to validate the source.

I like the idea of having both an electronic notebook and hard copy. In this manner, no matter the situation I have both resources at hand.

I tend to lean towards having the actual paper notebook. I find that it is usually faster to stop and grab a manual and flip thru for the information I'm looking for, as opposed to opening additional documents on my computer.

I also like to "mark" my pages and highlight the information I frequently need to refer too.

I'm probably a little outdated, but the paper copy is faster for me.

I totally agree. For some reason, I seem to be more "efficient" with a paper format. I always seem to feel that I am not "missing" anything because it is all there for me to see (and touch). I'm also the type that likes to make notes, highlight,attach memos and so on.

I like the idea of having both an electronic notebook and hard copy. But for daily use I feel comfortable with hard copy as its easy to access...... with the color change option for different programs ...yes having electronically is same like keeping your data securely. In this manner, I will always have peace of mind.

Yes I will use both an electronic and hard copy for the notebook.

I plan to have both an electronic copy and a hard copy in a binder. I think it will be easy to access both while on campus, but off campus, I may not always be in a position to access online materials. I like to mark up and highlight my copy in my binder, but I prefer to have the most update, and "unmarked" copies available to print, so the electronic option appeals to me as well.

Sign In to comment