Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Terminated agents

What happens to a school that terminates an agent for misrepresentation and does not report it to the state? The same agent gets a permit at another school and is terminated for misrepresentation again. This is found out during an investigation. What happens to the school that does not report the origination charge of misrepresentation?

Thomas:

If a school fails to report an agent who was terminated for misreprentation, the school can be subject to disciplinary action by the State that can include fines and/or other administrative action against the school.

There were multiple reasons that an agent can be stripped of their license. I believe reporting the occurrence to the Ohio board provides an opportunity to track the various issues that are occurring amongst agents and institutions, ultimately giving the board an opportunity to address areas of opportunity and strengthen a standard of positive behaviors amongst all career colleges and schools. If the school does not make a report of an offense then the school of the offender are subject to disciplinary action.

What is the the most common offense that has occurred by terminated agents?

Are agents able to reapply for licensure after a specific duration of time?

Eric:

Fortunately, we see very few cases of intentional misrepsentation by agents. If an agent has had their license flagged and/or revoked for bad conduct there is typically no set period for how long the suspension or revocation might last. Generally, very serious offenses involving criminal intent such as theft from students or a school or forging documents would likely result in a permanent license revocation. Other less serious offenses may result in shorter revocation periods.

I think that if we ooperate morally and ethically according to and above the guidelines set forth by the institution then this SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE!

Honesty and integrity are an important part of evaluating morals and ethics. I believe these vitues to be integral in the success of an institution to keep these issues at a minimum or non-existant all together.

I believe its also important to keep in check through the course of time those morals. I have known people in industries where grey area is more than acceptable,it thrives and that is a slippery slope.

I agree with the above responses. I don't think an institution should let their agents be misleading. Through proper training and leading by example this issue should not be a common occurence or a general occurence at all.

I worked for a school where two reps were terminated due to misrepresentation and they just went on to other schools this needs to stop because good admissions are getting a bad name

Shawnta,

Ohio Administrative Code Section 3332-1-17(O)states in part,if an agent is dismissed by a school for giving prspective students misleading, false or fraudulent information, the school must notify the state board within thirty days, in writing. This rule is in place to prevent a situation like you explained from occurring. If you believe there was a violation of this rule, please contact the Board directly so that we can address it.
Kimberly Stein

Sign In to comment