Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In my opinion, training is important for teachers, staff and students, in order of priority.
Teachers first, because they are the responsible to create the course, staff because they are vital for the sale of the course, and students, because they need to know the advantages of this type of course.
The responsible for implementing the training actions should be the e-learning department if it exist or the academic department, joined to the IT section.

I think that training needs have to be aligned with the students needs. What kind of students we are going to have. What do they need to achieve success in their goals the instructors should receive training to acquire the skills they need to deliver instruction online

training needs;
understanding on line learning technology
understanding how to support learners and facilitate content

I am the person responsible and am finding that convincing others of the opportunity for this direction is not as hard as they assume is a challenge.

As I have stated before we do not have any online courses at our institution. I do agree that training of staff, faculty and students are very important. I believe the training and implementation of an online class would happen at our corporate level.

I think that in the initial stage of preparation, the implementation of a pilot or experimental course, at least with a subject is very important, in order to test the effectiveness of the system and the knowledge of the instructors.

Training needs have to be determined by the staff responsible for the online course, it is not a decision of one person, and that group is responsible for implementing them.

This idea necessitates that human resources view candidates in a different light and must include HR in the online learning process. This is a great point and I am glad you brought it up.

What are the training needs for online delivery of courses and programs at your institution? Discuss how those needs were defined and who is responsible for implementing them.

Training of all the people involved in online courses is crucial for the program to be successful.

Hayme,
Agreed; how would you assess the training need of your organization? What processes would you engage to identify the scope of training needs and identify a facilitator to deliver the training to your staff and faculty?
Dr. Robert Roehrich

Sign In to comment