Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

All our new instructors receive an in-person orientation to our company policies and procedures, and well as an orientation manual containing those policies and procedures. They are also provided copies of all course materials.

They then receive a brief tour of our headquarters facility and are introduced to our staff.

After they have observed a class in each of their subject areas and been evaluated teaching each subject by an experienced instructor, they are ready to be put on our regular teaching schedule.

All we do is place the new instructor with the established instructor for a week or two and watch how they interact with the class. I have a new instructor that starts soon but she has taught before but I will show her around and let her know where things are. We don't have an orientation but as the new pogram manager I will give her one.

Hi Cindy

Orientation is important even if the applicant has taught before. Each school has its own way
of doing things. It will make things better for
her, your students and you if you explain things to her. Also check with your accrediting body to
see if there are requirements for student surveys
or professional development. The more resources you can provie the better things will be in both student and faculty retention.

The program director will give the new instructors an orientation. A tour of the school is provided as well as well as an informal introduction to the other instructors. However, there I think more focus has to be put on the policies and procedures.

After the tour of the school, paperwork, and staff introductions we let new instructors set in on several classed with the other instructors to get a feel for the entire program and to see how what they will be teaching fits into the big picture. If needed they will team teach their modules with an established instructor before beginning in the classroom themselves. This seems to work well and I don't know what I'd change

After all the administrative paper work is done
the new hire will review the lesson plans for the
subjects they will teach, observe other faculty,
team teach for a while and then go on their own
we might add a welcome package including a summary of what,when,where,who about our school
so they can navigate the first few days better

My process is very similar to your process, Jamie, except we do require all new instructors to complete a training on motivating adult learners. I am also working on an Orientation maunaul. I think that is vital for any Orientation process.

I currently have them come in and do a guest lecture to see how students take in this new instructor

We have an extensive four-week initial training that both acclimates instructors to our learning management system and also online teaching principles.

I currently provide printed handouts, introduction to personnel, orientation, team teach, and tour. I like the idea of taking the new instructor to lunch. I will implement this technique as part of what I do to orient new instructors.

We follow different steps to orientate an instructor : First ,they must fill out and review the employee handbook, if they agree with all the terms, they will then take a tour of the facilities and be introduce to all the staff and faculty. instructors will then take seminars, training, continue education to enhance more training in their field and pass different test to prove their skills in a classroom setting. they is a training log done with a list of requirements they must complete.

Sign In to comment