Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Recruitment

Which method of recruitment has worked best for you?

We get alot of great applicants via posts over the internet. However, the instructors that tend to be the better employees are those recruited by current instructors.

In our experience, we have been extremely successful in finding candidates through the internet websites. They are easy to use and allow us to more quickly sort through applicants based on qualifications. I agree that, so long as current employees are familiar with the position requirements, referrals usually yield good candidates/employees.

We use current instructor recommendations. We have found this to be our best approach to finding excellent instructors who understand the student population and our school philosophy.

I have been lucky that referals has given me great candidates.

We used to use the newspaper, but the responses were very few, and it is very costly. We then changed to monster.com, which gave us more responses and you can filter them. We are currently using Crais's List, this has been successful, and by running a constant ad for instructors and substitutes, I now have a good amount of resumes to pool from.

Typically by making our current staff aware of the job opportunities, we've been able to recruit friends and associates. This has proven very cost effective, and retention has been great.

Internet works very well for me when the company posts my available positions on Monster.

Internet source proves to be rather useful - Monster, Careerbuilder, Hotjob, etc as well as referrals from employee.

Employee referrals seem to be the best method for us to find faculty. We have also had good luck using the Texas Workforce Commision website to post positions. It is free and part of America's Job Bank. You can post your jobs and search for candidates.

I have found that the best recruitment method has been of our current instructors referring people. These candidates already have a good idea of what the job entails since they know someone who already works for the school.

Referrals....they do prove to be the most successful long term. Newspapers are ok....not as pleased with internet (anyone applies and are not usually the least bit qualified)

Word of mouth.... colleagues; graduates; current students sometimes are aware of others who work in the field. My experience has been that I get the best fit when someone who knows me and/or the organization makes a recommendation.

Although I haven't actually recruited anyone as yet (new to the position), I would lean heavily toward using the internet. This is mainly due to the ease of access and growing popularity of the internet.

Career Builders,also leave notice at supply houses of the trade Im looking for

PHONE AND IN-PERSON

Posting jobs on line has worked best for my institution, however, we have had success via newspaper as well.

Even though I have an applicant that matches my KSAO and seems to be the best qualified, they sometimes turn out to be the worse instructors I have hired. Where can I find the best qualifed applicants?

using a regular resume.

We have found that the best method of recruitment is the internet. We reach a broad range of applicants and have even hired instructors that weren't a "typical" choice for certain classes. For example, we have an Anatomy & Terminology instructor whose degree is in forensic science. She had never taught before applying at our school and has turned out to be a great asset to our team!

Sign In to comment