Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Placement Department

We have students in our campus that reside in five different counties. What would be the best way to develop the Placement Department that could provide options to all?

Hy Syndia
Looks like you'll need to have resources for each county. Instead of focusing on job opportunities and employers in one, it will have to be all. Of course once you get things set up for one county, the others will be easy. While it seems like a challenge, there are opportunities. More people will know about your school. Best wishes, Susan

I would develop some on line training, such as resume and interview techniques. I would also set up employer databases that they can view online to help with their search. I would also contact the local employers to see if I could set up some kind of a job fair.

Hi Syndia,

One way to accomplish this is to review job classifieds in the 5 counties by zipcode on websites like careerbuilder.com or simplyhired.com and mail those companies a school information packet describing your courses and placement services along with a business card. This is a very effective way to get your name out there.

Good idea Jamie. There are many ways to get the school name out to employers. Certainly your idea is great. We would also place a follow up call and even visit the employer. And/or invite the employer to your school. When you place students be sure to follow up with the employer to check that the student was work ready. Were there any skills or knowledge that was needed and not taught? Bottom line - do what it takes to develop and maintain relationships with employers and other business groups in your community. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment