Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Execution

I am a Campus Director at a small school with an even smaller staff. My staff always has great ideas, and we definitely excel at the brainstorming and idea sharing activities. However, once we have great ideas and plans we struggle with implementation....who will do it? where do we have the time? how? does it sustain? etc. Anyone have any suggestions for stronger execution and follow-through?

I am in the same boat having a small school. Creative team is always generating ideas, but the follow through to sustain the activities is difficult.

PARIS,
Interesting and common situation. Great ideas are exciting and energizing. The goal is to keep the excitement going during the implementation. Here are some ideas: Prioritize the top 3 decisions. Create a Team of at least two people to work on each project. Set deadline dates. Have meeting dates to discuss progress (in person or on the phone) and keep brainstorming. Have some kind of reward or recognition for accomplishment. Once each Team complete their project assign them another. Thanks, Susan

Dr. Susan Schulz

Kara,

I think follow through is a problem for every organization. Sometimes the solution is to have everyone prioritize and choose top three projects to work on at one time. Working on only 3 and in a team makes completion more do-able. There is more satisfaction and thus willingness to take on the next project. Thanks, Susan

Dr. Susan Schulz

Sign In to comment