Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Arturo,

How does your department or campus integrate with the overall strategy for your organization?

Dr. Blake Faulkner

Troy,

What is the process your organization uses to ensure this alignment?

Dr. Blake Faulkner

At the beginning of the year, our executive staff meets to define our goals for the year, the next three years, and the next five years. In addition to the goal, we set a time frame -- by February of 2014 -- for the goal to be accomplished, and who will be involved.It is great to see these goals, small and large, get accomplished. At every meeting of my staff, I review what we have achieved and what we are still working on. It's a nice way to see our progress play out. Plus, who doesn't like to check things off a to do list?

Amy,

Great pratice Amy! In a multiple campus institution how do you connect the individual campus strategies the overall instutional strategy?

Dr. Blake Faulkner

My Daytime Programs Department generates an action (marketing) plan that is aligned with the local campus as well as with the regional strategic plans. By making sure that we are supporting the long term business objectives at all three levels, we are able to get the resources and priority assignments that we need in order to be able to execute and achieve our departmental goals.

Eric,

This is interesting. Can you give an example a key initiative that aligns aross both the campus and the regional strategic plans?

Dr. Blake Faulkner

The most aligned initiative is our media plan that focuses on a common message related to our Dual Language (English and Spanish) Immersion Model which is our key market differentiator. Since we are targeting Latino adults in all campus city locations, our message is brand-consistent and aligned with the regional (Continental U.S.) strategic plan (Chancellor's Office).

Eric,

Great example of alignment in planning process. Your Dual Language Immersion Model sounds really interesting and a key point for differentiation. Thanks for sharing this example with the class.

Dr. Blake Faulkner

Sign In to comment