Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Encouraging Creativity

Hi,

I am a social psychology facilitator/instructor. I find it very helpful to relate topics to every day social experiences in order to encourage creativity and generate new ideas.

I agree, relating topics to our social life, encourages interest!!!

Divergent inquiry, in online question structure led to successful online responses, according to research by Muilenburg and Berge (2000). That is, questions which solicit a variety of responses in an effort to enhance problem-solving and creativity through class or group interaction.
Appropriate weighting methodology of assignments and involvement to require both learning and participation for student/learner success. I also think a peer-review and grade is appropriate to consider when group work is involved.

I also encourage students to express new ideas and be creative with problem solving in my psychology and sociology classes.

I am an Architect and instructor of Architecture
I spend a great deal of my day solving problems and thinking creatively. Brainstorming & mapping ideas are the norm with most my collegues.
I didn't realize till I began teaching that most of the students did not actually know how to think along these lines and some find it very uncomfortable when asked to solve a problem about a subject they are not 100% knowledgeable about. So far the techniques here will be a great help for me to introduce them to their own creative side.

Having your team looking at there work and trying to come up with new ways to make there job more effective and faster results.

I agree. Using everyday situations that students may encounter also provides a "real world" perspective.

Good insight as to the outlook of someone trained as an architect and therefore a creative person.

I think, that as creative people in creative fields, we tend to assume that everyone who has an interest in our individual industries must also think creatively. This assumption is ultimately true, but requires some training to better develop the skill and enhance communication. Often times, people who are new to these fields have yet to unleash their creativity.

Creative instructors who foster a "growth-minded" environment will inspire creative students who exhibit a life long love of learning and discovery!

Creative thinking can be applied to any discipline and to any real world situation. The freer the mind is to puruse alternatives, the more solutions present themselves.

Sign In to comment