Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree Carlos, it is very important to establish a positive customer service experience from the first interaction with the customer. That is why it is so important for the First impressions director to be well trained along with the the rest of the staff, so that level of customer service is maintained throughout the customers relationship with the company. I also believe one of the differences between customer service and customer first service is the level of importance placed on the customer. Most companies have a general principle of maintaining customer service, however, not many recognize the importance of the customer on their company. The customer ultimately is the bread and butter of the company, a business cannot thrive or be profitable without them. If that notion is kept in mind, a customer first service approach could make a world of difference in the profitability of a company. Always putting the customer first, acknowledging and catering the business to their needs, and focusing on customer retention are all examples of customer first service.

Customer first service is why the institution exists because is there were no customers (students) to service then the college would not exist. You are putting the customers needs first therefore retaining the students and getting referrals from satisfied students.

I believe the difference between "customer first service" and "customer service" is attitude. The attitude of "customer first service" is to go beyond the norm to satify the customer. The attitude of "customer service" is to satisfy the customer with a set protocol.

I believe that there is very little difference between "Customer First Service" and "Customer Service". Customer service begins with the initial contact with the student, whether it's over the phone, a walk in, or someone that you speak to outside the walls of the school. The way you express yourself to anyone you come in contact with should be very positive, always striving to make a relationship with the prospective student, following through to when the student completes the program. Anything less than that should not be tolerated.

Thanks Laura, to your point, as the student/customer is at the center of your positive attitude, customer service is actually customer-first service.

Jay Hollowell

I believe the difference between "customer first service" and "customer service" is attitude. The attitude of "customer first service" is to go beyond the norm to satify the customer. The attitude of "customer service" is to satisfy the customer with a set protocol.

I believe that the Customer is always the customer.
You are either serving or being served. WE all play two rolls in life. That is serving or being served. Hence the Customer is always the customer. The focus should always be on spot listening to the needs expressed and paraphrase back so they know you heard their needs and ask if we are on the same page to move forward with the service.

I believe that the Customer is always the customer.
You are either serving or being served. WE all play two rolls in life. That is serving or being served. Hence the Customer is always the customer. The focus should always be on spot listening to the needs expressed and paraphrase back so they know you heard their needs and ask if we are on the same page to move forward with the service.

Jo-Anna,

You are so right! A customer is a stakeholder and anyone in need of service - external or internal! Thanks!

Jay Hollowell

Sign In to comment