Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

yoga and qigong

I am in a very fortunate situation at work where we teach stress relieving activities like yoga and qigong. Both practices incorporate breathing exercises, movements of the body and meditation. For some students the practice of calming the mind comes natural and for others it is a skill that warrants constant practice.

Jamie,

You are fortunate to work in this environment. There are not many organizations that take the initiative to provide this activity. You need to learn from your participation and share with others. Have a great day.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I have found that yoga is very helpful for me as well. It took a long time for me to get into the rhythm of it, but I really liked it once I saw the benefits it gave me. I think it's important to remind students that they may not see the health or stress-related benefits immediately, but that they will come with time and practice. I wish more schools offered these options!

Krystal,

Nothing seems to be immediate but with consistency and practice it always ones through to benefit you.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Yoga moments are a way that I reduce stress. Just stepping into my office and breathing and or simple stretching decrease my heart rate and allow me to focus on an upcoming situation. I think of it as recharge time and it improves my performance and concentration.

I got into the habit of Yoga in the morning and after learning the exercises I found that I could apply simpler versions in a quiet place at work. It is a great stress buster wwhen linked to controlled breathing.

Sign In to comment