Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Health Issues and Stress

What has really been stressful for me is that I had a surgery over four months ago. One would categorize me as a workaholic, by choice not by pressure from above. I truly love my job, and am actively seeking advancement. I knew the surgery would slow me down a bit; however, I have experienced some unforeseen complications.

Physically I am not well, which is stressful in and of itself, but not being able to perform up to par by my own standards has created a whole other type of stress.

I am still completing all required tasks and have been praised for my efforts, but at what cost? Generally my family receives the brunt of my frustration.

To top in all off, I have been gunning for a promotion, which I fear will not happen because I am currently struggling health-wise. I push myself even harder to ensure management I am still very much so up to the challenge.

Needless to say, the past four months have taken a toll on all aspects of my life.

Mischelle,
When making choices in life you health matters the most. Some actions in life need to be prioritized. Your ability and experience can't be taken away from you. It is essential you take care of business today for your own health and then deal with the future goals later. If you don't help yourself you won't need to worry about the future. Our inner ego sometimes tells us to ignore the obvious which is take care of yourself.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Dr. Carlson,

Thank you for you candor; it honestly put things in perspective for me. You are dead on when you say without health there is no future.

Before reading your reply, I actually did take some postive actions this morning toward regaining my overall well being, and I am feeling pretty good about it.

Thanks again,
Mischelle

Mischelle,
Good for you! I wish nothing but the best for your goals and especially your health.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment