Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Toxicity and its discontents

Toxic stress diminishes workplace productivity as it depletes the human spirit.

Roy,
Stress that is toxic has health problem issues and psychological. Stress that is felt because of a warranted motivation has rewards. When the stress produces the reduction of progress it is a big problem. It is important to recognize the toxic stress and develop a plan to diminish this type of stress in the workplace.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree that toxicity in the work place does a lot of harm. Some authority figures are old schoold and feel that by threatening and placing fear in the employee it will get the job done. But at the end it does the opposite.

MARTHA,

We need always to understand our employees are individuals. Diversity is great in the work place but treating each person the same doesn't work when it comes to communication and listening. Consistency in the work place is clearly important. The consistency needs to be with honesty, integrity, empathy and leadership.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Stress that is toxicity can do a lot of harm. It is good to focus on the task at hand one step at a time and move forward in a positive direction.

When I feel myself becoming overwhelmed at work, I usually take a minute to breathe and laugh. That normally makes me fell better, so I can continue on with my work. I agree many managers operate by using scare tactics, so an employee has to combat that by using stress-relieving techniques.

Erin,

Positive self talk is a great way to combat bad stress. "Positive Self Talk" is a book written by Lou Tice. Good book!

Dr. Gary Carlson

Candace ,
Scare tactics only work when we let them. It sounds like ths could be a possible hostile work environment. Your reactions are important to help you not be damaged by the tecniques of fear.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment