Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress

This is wonderful topic- I am going to start adopting these changes right away-
Does anyone else walk at lunch tim? I have heard this is great way to take a break clear the mind and regain energy and focus.

It is always great to take a step back and reconsider your position. Fresh air and exercise will make your head clearer for a better well thought out position.

My job is very active so I walk large parts of my day but something I find that has really helped me is setting up a stereo in my office and while I am typing notes listen to some music.

I have also discovered a staff member with the same sense of humor and getting a good laugh in once or twice a day can last quite a while.

My job is very active so I walk large parts of my day but something I find that has really helped me is setting up a stereo in my office and while I am typing notes listen to some music.

I have also discovered a staff member with the same sense of humor and getting a good laugh in once or twice a day can last quite a while.

Those things that can help you step back for a moment are very theraputic. A good laugh is said to lengthen your ife.

I realized the importance of finding colleagues that have the same sense of humor and sharing a laugh during the day. It can be frustrating when you see the potential of a student not being reached so spending a little bit of time laughing helps me reload.

I stand up at my computer and work to move my body more and I walk the halls. Getting up from the computer takes the mind on a break and allows me to breath and relax and focus.

Everyone and everything must have a balance, Exercising and quiet time works for me. But everyone needs to find relief. Postive relief.

Jeannette,

You are right. Balance is the key. Everyday you need to possess the skill to identify your needs and address them appropriately.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment