Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Scott,
We all have our inner secrets to what works for us. The key is to not allow stress to intercede into the stress relief activity. Focus is how we proceed with healthy activity for our emotional well being.

Stress is everywhere in our life, it is what we do with it that either makes us feel worse or in a better balanced state.

Exercise: even if you go for a walk for 15-25 minutes four days a week it will help your body to get rid of adrenaline and produce endorphins (a natural tranquilizer). Not to mention you will not only feel better, you will also look the part.

Terizian,
You are right about exercise. I does help. It is important we lead a balanced life with mental challenges, exercise, recreation, good health practices and spiritual refuvenation.

Terizian,
It is our ability to face stress with the proper amount of organization and balance in our lives. Understanding the situation and remaining calm keeps everything in perspective. We all need to place the right amount value on any situation. We have all heard the saying "Dont' make a mountain out of a mole hill"

Dr. Gary Carlson

There are reasons to reduce stress in every area of your life - better relationships, better health, sleep, mood, higher productivity.... Luckily, there are even more ways - techniques, resources, strategies - to do so, and most are free.

Sheryl,
Controlling your own destiny is often totally up to you. Many of our outcomes are created by us.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree that how we deal with stress is our savior. I have stress at work, type 2 diabeties, high blood pressure and am over weight but I have found a way to help with all of these in just one simple thing, I have started to ride a bicycle. It started off when the grandkids were at the house one weekend and brought their bikes with them. I knew that I could not let them ride off on their own (they are to young) so I when and bought a bike for me to ride with them. I had so much fun that I now ride every chance I get and have gone from only a mile or two up to seven to ten miles every time I ride. The stress level seems to have gone down along with the blood pressure and the weight.

I know that this is a much older thread, but I felt the inclination to comment on it anyways. I feel as though Lissa and I are in very similar life situations in that we are both overachievers whose need to excell becomes to much at time, causing ppanic attacks. While I am not having a child or planning a wedding, I too have life stressors that when unattended to, have developed into panic attacks. I beleive that I need to takr a note from Lissa and realize that it is OK to do the minimum sometimes.

Michael,
Good for you, finding what makes you happy and relaxed is half the battle. When you can share it with the ones you love makes it even more special. It also has its own hidden values of health benefits across the board.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Mallory ,
The nature of all of us is to excel. We often work beyond what is expected. This is quite honestly made us achieve at higher levels. The achieving above what is expected is rewarding. We have been exposed to this since we were a child. If this is not rewarding and is stressful the outcome must not be what you are looking for.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment