Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

crisis

i have found that most crisis will show itslef early as something small, assuming its not a natural disaster but more operational, and if not caught early will grow into a monster of a crisis.

Andrew,
By being proactive you can avoid the level of the crisis. You are right it is great to keep the crisis in your sight before it would happen.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I believe proactivity must be consistant.

William,

Proactivity is something we need to revisit. Sometimes our plans need to change When time transpires.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree. There are often signs of possible crises and if we are receptive to fixing issues before they become bigger problems we save ourselves and staff members the added stress that come from dealing with a much bigger issue later on. Sometimes, smaller issues get pushed aside because they don't seem important at the time and they go unnoticed until they've reached crisis mode which is unfortunate.

Wendy,
Any issue of concern never goes away. The obvious is to not look the other way but to address it as a necessary adversary to overall success. Achieving success over the challenges of stress are very rewarding.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree.
The majority of crises tend to send out warning signs. Being aware and observant is essential. I spend much time "putting out small fires" to avoid large ones.

susan,
Having the knowledge to be prepared is the key. You may not have all the answers you will have a start. The small things can become big ones. Planning with thought and intelligence is a path to success.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree, but if you look at every small thing as a big thing that need to be addressed it will not become a big thing.

Helen ,
Crisis is defined appropriately and when we have one we need to know it requires the appropriate attention. Those items that are not a crisis should be dealt with accordingly. From a stress factor we need to be intelligent with our decision making when each required action is taken for your employees sake or yours.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment