Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Goal setting under time restraints

How does a person accomplish goals professionally when there are only so many hours in the day. I work in Career Services as an Advisor and the amuont of interuptions I get on a daily basis is well too many count. It is hard when I have the goals in place and yet the timeframes are not always realistic to the position at hand.

Jennifer,
this is definitely a challenge & this is where the goals may have to be adjusted (meaning the time frame) or further thought given to how they can be accomplished with the interuptions.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I find the same issues with not having enough time to do what is required in addition to thinking about goals, setting them up, accomplishing and tracking them. Part of the problem may be due to downsizing; some of us are overburdened. Creating time in our calendars to set and track goals seems to be the best way to keep working on those projects.

This can be one of the most frustrating and demoralizing situations to find oneself in. There are two different areas here to consider: first, is there any way to control the interruptions and secondly, is there a way to adjust the timeframes?

Dr. Faulk

Russell,
these are good questions to ask & keep in front of mind when dealing with these situations.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment