Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Goal Setting

This dicussion points out important topics that can be used daily in all areas - to improve overall goals - I inteed to bring this to the team and use the SMART tool-
What time of year is good to adopt these goals - first of the year then mid?

Good question. Really any time is a good time to start. Overall I would encourage you, if possible, to coordinate these discussions with your annual & mid-year reviews (whenever those may occur). However, don't wait for those times if they have already past, go ahead & start & this cycle might be a little bit shorter than normal. I would also encourage you to have at least quarterly discussions to check on progress. I hope this makes sense.
Ryan

I feel that anytime is the best time also but you will need to follow up periodically with the upper management to ensure that you are doing everything necessary to accomplish your goals!!

we use to set goals quartely and have two meatings about them, it was to much , we switched to every 6 months and only one meeting every three months and it seamed to work much better and the percentage of goals achieved increased

mario,
you definitely have to monitor how often you should visit your goals & find that right balance for your team.

Dr. Ryan Meers

Sign In to comment