Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Burnout

I think that burnout is very serious. Especially when it begins to effect one's life physically and emotionally. I believe that sometimes the only way to heal may be to leave that current position, either for a short period like a "leave" or leaving the position entirely.

I think it is important to plan / seek another position before quitting the current job.

Agree. But unemployment is also a very stressful situation. You must find another job before it happens.

I agree that stress can have an impact on one's life in physical and emotional aspects. I have found that doing yoga exercises is very helpful. Focusing on holding the stretch makes me forget about the stress in my life. I always feel better after some form of exercise, walking and yoga are my biggest stress relievers.

you must know yourself and your limits very well

I work in a therapy practice and so many times workers seek assistance with stress from the job, being overwhelmed, anxious, exhausted, and often depressed. Many are unsatisfied with the workplace but cannot afford to leave entirely. So often, as you stated, a short "leave" may be necessary.

I agree that burnout is very serious, but don't think that leaving ones job is the solution. In these tight financial times, it's risky to resign your job that you know. The alternative will be to go through the motions of knowing yourself, accepting that you have "burn out" talking to someone you can trust and practice some de-stressing actions before just throwing in the towel and run.

I agree with that statement. The very first thing a person needs to know is that when we start feeling like we are not performing to our full potential then we have to make an honest accessment as to why we are not maximizeing our efforts and getting the results we need. When that happens to me it's usually a sign that a vacation is in order wheater I want to or not.understanding and realizing that if it remains a continuation of the same effort without taking some time off then the results will probably be the same as before. lack luster, unmotivated and or just plain conplacecent in my job will be my reward.

Sign In to comment