Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is possible to make things better, no matter what.

I feel the pressures of stress and responsibility mostly when I do doubles. I have a child with special needs and have adopted a mother and her two children with special needs and an ex meth adict. To help pay the bills I do side jobs out of the garage and at the track to pay for vacations and extra things that come up. My wife stays home to take care of everyone and I do my best to help her when I am not working. We don't have a lot of free time, but we make a date half way through the week and on the weekends to spend time with eachother. My stress level is manageable. To get to this point nearly divorced us and took some major adjusting to survive and "level the waters." I am mostly broke but have enough to make it and enjoy ourselves with a short trip now and then. I feel fortunate to have the love and respect of my family who are getting the mental, emotionl spiritual and monetary needs fulfilled. Seeing these results over the past 7 years is a major enforcement which keeps me going with positive attitude. Considering I grew up being a procastinator, non-achiever and inherently selfish, I belive if I can do it, so can anyone. Many of the tools they talk about in here as well as having achievable/acountable goal are valuable to making your stress manageable no matter what the circumstance.

Sign In to comment