Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress from worrying

I am one of those people who constantly worry, and it tends to stress me out. I try the "don't sweat the small stuff" theory, but I still worry. Any suggestions?

Pray about it. Ask God to free your mind and body of constant worries and to give you the discernment to know what you need to be concerned (not worried) about.

Hope this helps!

I am similar. I think the only thing that helped is to replace those worrisome thoughts when they pop up. It can be a mantra, a prayer, a positive thought.

Prayer and meditation are what alleviate the stress of worry. Generally speaking, people worry because they are too concerned with a matter that exceeds their control. When you pray and meditate in prayer, asking God to acknowledge He is in control, you feel as though you can "write off" that which is out of your hands...whether it is a child's attitude, work project, a deadline you cannot change, or a series of tasks you have been trying to complete. Work on the current day and what has been placed before you and allow those things and events that are in the future to be addressed as they become the present. You will find your life to be much more peaceful when you are not consistently trying to control every aspect of it.
Worrying simply grows you more gray hairs, puts more wrinkles in your skin, and drains the energy from your body and mind. Do not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough trouble of it's own... trust in the Lord :)

Sometimes I have actually scheduled worrying time from 0900 to 1000 during the best time of my day to be able to address my concerns. Reduce worry time, and not worry at 3 am in the night when you are supposed to be sleeping, and cannot do anything positive anyway.

Sign In to comment