Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When you behave ethically, you are teaching your students...

I found that when I behave ethically, most students will be "learning" by observing how I handle situations in an ethical way. They learn be observation and actions taken by an instructor. The "do as I say" doesn't teach ethical behavior. Students learn by example and they learn from their instructors, counselors, and other they come into contact with. They are watching even when not in the formal atmosphere of the classroom.

I completely agree with you "do as I say" doesn't just imply to students, but the children at home too.Just as they say "A child learns from the parent's actions",so does a student from his instructor's actions and not by just plain words.

Absolutely. I am always thinking in my job "would I be setting a good example?"

I absolutely agree, I have an international teaching experience for different schools, I realized that students often imitate their teachers and considering him/ her the role model.

I wholehartedly agree...It is important for teachers to be moral examples (in and out of the classroom). Ethics is a significant element in teaching and it plays an important role in personal and professional life. An ethical classroom provides a structure for honesty, hard work, respect, acceptance, cooperation, self-awareness and enriched learning. The ethical environment that a teacher creates will be a place where the student can be successful.

We are not just teaching by the way of lecturing students....We are teaching by the way we ARE...the way we interact, deal with conflict, the way we deal with ethical issues and the way we share our thought process.

It is extremely important to set a good example to those whose habits are forming. It is a great responsibility.

A wise Pastor once told me that my life as observed by others may be the only Bible that some people will ever read.

Exactly... Students learn just as much from what you do as from what you say.

Sign In to comment