Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professionalism

This is the example we need to set for our student everyday.

I always try to lead by example!!!

this is the key to ones own employment, I encourage this every day.

Professionalism starts at the top and sometimes it is very difficult to encourage and convince students to be professional when those around them are not. Learning how to encourage those above the students has been professional growth in itself.

Professionalism is very important for the ne students entering the work force. It’s not high school anymore. They need to learn professionalism right up front or they will have a difficult time adapting.

I have discovered that practicing professionalism in the work place will lead you to practice it in all aspects of your life.

Setting high standards for yourself,looking the part ,behaving,being prepared,how you conduct yourself,keeping your word to yourself and others,following through,being on time,all things to display to our students.

When discussing professionalism, I make a point of telling my students that useing humor can be a part of being professional. The key, however, is knowing when and how to use it.

I've found that stressing the need for office etiquette to students is often enough of a rationale to lessen everything from attendance issues to excessive cursing.

Sign In to comment