Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Think before you...

I think this Success Tutorial really helps remind employees of basic--but essential practices. Words and actions can truly do harm, and we are all examples to our peers, our employees, and our students.

Every person has their own set of values and ethical practices. In business, it is important to keep in mind that your individual values may not always reflect the ethical values of the organization. Taking time to understand and evaluate the situation will help you to make ethical decisions. If there is any doubt your action is unethical, it probably is.

Hello Karen!
Words and actions can do harm. We as instructors really do need to lead by example. We have many roles, such as trainers, managers, and mentors. others. Demonstrating positive and professional actions as well as feedback can have a great impact!

Hello,

Yes, I gree from an Admissions Representative that words and action can harm prospective and co-worker and create unwellcoming.

Think twice, speak once. I think we need to be so careful about what we say as representatives of our college. Whether it is in front of fellow employees or our students we are always being watched. In the case of students especially, you even run the risk of spreading incorrect information concerning policies crucial to their education. It is difficult and time consuming to reteach incorrect information.

Yes, one should think before speaking this way one won't regret what was said. Sometimes we speak without thinking and say things that can and will affect how other respond.

I agree youi should think before you speak so you say what you want the correct way.

I agree with you; if we only were to pretend that our supervisor was a little person sitting on our shoulders watching everything we did, maybe we would conduct ourselves in a better manner. Basically, if we carry ourselves in a way that was ethical all time it would improve our work lives.

The instructor who thinks long and hard before speaking or acting will likely teach the most beneficial lessons and set the highest example for her/his students.

Very important statement, to which i am sure at some point in our career we did not heed to.

Words are the most powerful form of 'magic' they can inflict injury and be a cure!

I agree, words and actions can truly do harm. We should all stop and think before we talk. Words can never be taken back. Once said can never be taken back.

Sign In to comment