Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Boss who leaves Early

How do you deal with a Boss who leaves work early almost everyday?

The tendency is to emulate the attitude of a boss, but my thought is to always lead by example. If you do what is right and expected, you are letting you boss know, without having an unpleasant "showdown" with him/her.

Try to talk to them early in the day. They probably have a good reason for leaving early and I am sure it causes them stress.

First what time do they get into the office? How early are we discussing? And has the boss given schedule expectations?

does it affect your work? then you should mention that you need his/her expertise/support. he/she may not be aware that it is a problem for you. some employees are happy not to have the boss too often in the office.

I usually ask my questions either in person or via email early in the day so that any issues are taken care of before the boss leaves. My goal is to always bring as few issues to my boss as possible and try to get them solved on my own.

It is difficult to try to have a face to face meeting with him. Our major communications are via email and often problems do not seem to get resolved.

Sign In to comment