Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Loyalty

Times of providing unquestioned loyalty to the boss are gone. The boss has to earn loyalty from employees it is NOT a given that they "owe" it. We need to treat Bosses with courtesy and be careful not to create problems but loyalty has a deep meaning to me and I do not give it lightly.

I agree with you about the concept of loyalty. Years ago loyalty was given and expected because business in general was run differently. But in the age of Enron, Adelphia, etc. there is no employer loyalty, and workers who are loyal are often paid back with cut pensions and unexpected unemployment.

I respect that a job has a chain of command and of course, you should respect your bosses' position-but to be loyal requires a much deeper relationship. As you said, it must be earned through action.

Often boss loyalty and working for a common goal can produce benefits. Working together and watching each others back can achieve a common goal of better production adn goals. Rather than looking out just for yourself, working for the betterment of the team rewards everyone when everyone is on board.

I belive if you cannot be loyal to your boss, its time to find a new job!

I think loyalty to your boss should be inline with loyalty to the overall organization. As long as both of you are working toward the same goals I think it makes the mutual respect much easier to come by and maintain.

Sign In to comment