Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

how to deal with angry boss

always pick the time when your boos is not mad ,not angry and not hungry
use indirect conversation with him
use email instead of direct conersation ,,,

You should know your boss. It is important to wait for an appropriate time and consider your words carefully so that when you are dealing with an angry boss you are able to clearly express your thoughts. Discussions should always be direct and clear.

An angry boss is always a tricky situation. I agree that timing is essential. What is most important is to make sure you communicate directly, honestly and clearly. Oftentimes miscommunication is what makes a boss angry.

Accountability is the key to dealing with an angry boss, speak to her/him face-to-face and present your information in a concise manner, and have a clear idea of your position so if you are asked questions, you can respond coherently.

Most importantly, if you made an error, take responsibility; and if possible have options for resolutions and present them so your boss can see that although you made an error, you are willing to be a part of the solution.

Good response Norma. I like how you phrased it. Tricky is right. Sometimes it takes patience and sometimes it requires more assertion but at all times keeping a professional posture is essential.

Norma I found your response to be very true. You are correct communication or lack thereof is most likely the reason for an angry boss. I do not ever get angry with an employee who makes a mistake as we are all human. But it does make me angry when an employee or boss is dishonest. All I am saying is taking responsibility for your actions and errors is important and will only help in the long run.

Make my interactions with them brief and to the point. While doing this I am analyzing the situation to see if there is anything I could do to help or if staying out of the way is the best for now.

Sign In to comment