Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting Along Well With Your Supervisors

I have had two different supervisors while working in my current position. Both were excellent employers who were dedicated to taking care of their employees; however, they both have very different working styles. I think this forum was a good reminder that is is important to remember that while people may have different working styles, they may still be effective leaders. Also, communication is better than silence.

I have worked both as a supervisor and being supervised. The best supervisors that I have had allow (to the extent possible) aligning the output based upon input, communicating the desired outcomes, given due dates and followed up.

This has also been my experence

Very much so!

I have been working for 5 different supervisors at the same time andto know there different approachs to the way the work and what they demand for employes was a key to keeping a good working atmosphere in our work place.

I have worked with supervisors that knew less then I did. I found that I have had to train many of my own supervisors.

This is true for me also. I must remember that he is the boss, not me. Work with them and ask for his opinion and advise.

Sign In to comment