Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

COMUNICATION WITH YOUR BOSS

IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF YOUR BOSS, AS WELL AS YOUR OWN. YOU SHOULD LEARN ABOUT YOUR BOSS SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO WORK BETTER WITH YOUR BOSS. COMUNICATION IS KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR BOSS.

true that is very important to communicate better with your boss but also , one has to know how he can communicate with every one

I have recently received a new supervisor. It takes some time to get to know how the new person operates and what their expectations are. It also takes a little while to find out about their sense of humor, what they like and dislike, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
Remember the new supervisor is also trying to find out all of these things about you too.

I agree. I am a boss and appreciate feedback from my staff. It is the key to a successful team.

True, communication is the key to being successful in the workplace.

I have learned in my career that it is just as important to manage up as it is to manage down. It is important to know your boss and to understand his/her expectations. I enjoyed this tutorial and I would recommend it highly.

I agree. I liked the idea of going over how you think your boss will respond to a request with someone who knows them. I think it helps to know them to best communicate and work through concerns.

Feedback back should be welcome by both the supervisor and employee. This is the only way to open communication for both.

100% Correct!

Some times you can not predict what your boss will do or say even when you know his/her weaknesses and strengths. But it is a start.

I believe in an open line of cmmunication with all forms of management. I believe we are all humans and even boss's need someone to cross check things with. We all have specific things that we excel in and I think our bosses depend on us for many things just like we rely on them. Keeping an open line of communication can ensure an effective, resourceful, positive work environment.

I agree as well with this. Knowing what each other wants out of each other gets the best out both employees of the company.

Sign In to comment