Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Working In the Funnel Frame

How might the funnel frame help you and a student to fully understand any situation? How might these techniques help you with other audiences or your co-workers?

The funnel frame will help me by gathering all the inormation necessary so I can better guide my prospect student toward their goal. The techniques will help meto be more focused, organized, complete genuine responses, and maintain rapport.

I think a major component to the funnel frame is active listening and being able to identify the appropriate questions to ask. Discovering the "how's" and "why's" of a situation will assist in building rapport and the relationship needed to help the student move forward.
The funnel frame is definitely a tool that can be used with co-workers, friends and family. It can be used to help them through a bad day or to help me identify a situation they are going through in hopes that I can help them through that situation- even if only by being a good listener and providing empathy.

Christina,

Thanks for sharing! You are absolutely right that active listening is key when using the funnel frame, as is asking the appropriate questions to keep the conversation moving toward a productive goal.

Dr. Jean Norris

The funnel frame will direct the type of questions I should use; also it will give me the flexibility to adapt my questions depending on the student’s answers. In this way, I can successfully obtain all the necessary information. The funnel frame is an excellent communication technique that can be applied in different environments and with several audiences. It makes possible to have clearer exchanging of information and more genuine relationships.

Janet,

Thank you for posting in the forum! You're absolutely right that the funnel frame allows for the flexibility to adapt to what the student says!

Dr. Jean Norris

It will help to find out where they are in the process. How much knowledge do they have about our industry. Are they in the research stage or ready to enroll in a class of ours.

The Funnel gives me a visual to imagine as I am working through the discovery phase of the interview process, which will help me stay more focused on my mission to uncover true motivation.

Sign In to comment