Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Budget cuts

Hello:

As we all know that budget cuts can and do cause difficult situations between management and staff or instructors. I work at a for profit school. Recently we went from 4 printers in the school for students down to 1. This needlessly caused several different responses between everyone including students and staff and staff and management.

As a program manager I understand the need to cut corners but as an instructor also I need resources to complete my work.

Surprising this event worked its self out. At first everyone was upset but I think that was more because of change not the actual event.

We have been two terms since this change and no one is even interested in the fact that we went from 4 to 1. So allowing it to work things out is the best thing for this event.

Greg,
Sorry for being late on this. I was out of the country for the Holidays. Budget cuts are not easy. People have their needs and priorities. The best way to provide budget cuts is in a transparent communication process so people will be aware. You notice I didn't say agree. That would be impossible. But the best way to do this is without surprises. Be Hones!

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment