Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Assessing Results of the Interaction Plan

I have observed a number of difficult interactions and been a member of teams where such interactions required intervention by the team leader. The plans I saw being implemented sometimes improved the overall function of the team, but not always. I believe this was related to "skipping" the results assessment element of conflict management.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cindy,

There are degree of conflicts and some require more intervention time and talent to resolve the issues for progress and performance to improve. It is always beneficial to know your audience and the personalities and attitudes of the individuals. This will prepare you for being prepared for the sensitivity that will be exhibited by the individuals involved.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Many times I have witnessed a lack of follow-through after an initial crisis was averted. In my experience outcomes are vital just as any long term planning must factor evolution and maintenance factoring new personnel, environmental changes, corporate direction, et al.

Derek,
Great point! Follow/up in the experiences is very important to avert future issues. You need to learn from every experience.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment