Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Interactive

What would be the best way to involve your audience in your presentation? I wish we had the clicker response system. Thought maybe just adding a question at the end of every slide would be an alterative. Any suggestions?

Having a question at the end of every major point is a great idea to get your audience involved.

Another is to use paired or small-group discussion.

Another option that I've seen used at times, although it's a little risky, is texting. Ask a question & the first person that texts the correct response gets a little prize.

Ryan

When dealing with any theory, getting people to think can be difficult. When teaching a technical skill it becomes easier. What I do is to discuss what our tools, and immediately have them try their hand at doing. When each student is in the learn mode, right next to another, it becomes a challenge to them.

Use flip chart to highlite the main topics of your presentation and refer to it during the lecture as a source of questions.

Great idea. Flip charts are an undervalued tool. I like to use the post it note types to get feedback at the beginning of the presentation regarding expectations & what the audience would like to get out of the time. This way I can keep track as I go along & they can see what we've covered.
Ryan

Yes, whether with theories or tools/skills, giving your audience an immediate way of "practicing" them helps engage them & cement the learning.
Ryan

I tend to do some of it as well as quick scatches during one-on-ones or small group setting. Found it extremely usefull in those moments as an answer to individual question or illustration of a concept.

Sign In to comment