Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I prefer giving forms immediately after the presentation. I tend to get the highest response rate, and people usually remember their likes/dislikes well. This allows for more constructive feedback.

I always encourage the seeking of immediate feedback. If your presentation is more of a training concept & you are wanting to measure for retention and/or action taken then you can also send a follow up assessment later on.
Ryan

To evaluate how effective your presentation was, ask questions at the end. You can also watch your audience during the presentation.

Ive used discussion questions... I cover a topic.

then draw or write problems on the board and ask the students to answer them. then discuss among themselves why they may have different answers. Some have the right answers and some do not. It gets interaction among the students. I have students answer the question for me. and I get to here why someone has chosing the wrong answer or right answer. the I can modify my presentations from class to class gauging how many understood the material and objectives from class to class. Every class is different and will have a differnt level of u8nderstanding. subject material. getting the class to discuss answers get their attention and gets them involved more.

Great ideas, what kind of questions have you found the most helpful in evaluating your effectiveness?
Ryan

This is a great way to evaluate how the instruction is proceding & to see if the class is with you.
Ryan

I think some form of survey card handed out at the end of the presentation is a great way of getting an instant responds to a presentation. Handing them out at the end of the presentation and then collected at the door is the best way of doing this. Also including an email address for additional comments would also help in the evaluation.

I go off of body language and feedback after the presentaion! Then finish up with questions and answers

Great idea. This is a good idea too because if we wait to send out a survey it's much easier for them to ignore. You typically have a much better response rate if you have them complete the card/eval right there.
Ryan

I agree with getting the students involved with the presentation. it dose break up the routine of the same thing every three weeks.

I am constantly checking in for learning. If you give the audience to recount the last few minutes, it helps instill interaction.

Yes, the act of forced reflection is a great tool to keep the audience engaged & to help them recall what you've talked about.
Ryan

It has to be to check in with the learning. Look for feedback clues!

Immediate feedback is very important, often in training situations the assessment process is days or weeks removed from the initial training. In such cases seeking some form of immediate feedback will help cement the information and aid in future retention.

I think some form of survey card handed out at the end of the presentation is a great way of getting an instant responds to a presentation. Handing them out at the end of the presentation and then collected at the door is the best way of doing this. Also including an email address for additional comments would also help in the evaluation.

Yes, this is a great idea. And definitely asking them to do the survey right then will help you get better feedback & a better response rate too.
Ryan

I feel the best way is by the results that it produces. But for quick, on the spot evaluation of a presentation is by the person in the audience taking notes for you and looking at the audience response. I also feel that the audience must not know that this person is monitoring their responses. This will always skew the results one way or another.

Jerome,
yes, ultimately the evaluation is whether the audience does anything with your presentation & yes we can also monitor the audience in the moment.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment