Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Coaching

Coaching requires a team effort and also requires a positive, supportive bond between coach and employees. People must feel part of the team to be coached.

People must also want to improve, coaching begins with the will of the employee to grow.

I agree completely. People need to feel a part of the team (given ownership per say)in order to feel really involved. Without that they are just standing on the sideline wondering if perhaps they really belong or are even valued at all.

Absolutely & a key point to always remember. You cannot coach an unwilling person.
Ryan

I agree that people need to feel not only part of a team, but also that they have something of value to contribute. I believe that this message can be expressed through the regular acknowledgement of what each team member does well. We need to focus more on the strengths that each team member has and how they work to meet the team's goals while helping them improve areas that require improvement.

Feeling part of a team is essential to being a willing and coachable coachee. If one feels part of a team, he or she is more likely to put for the necessary effort. Additionally, as a part of a team, they feel they will be held accountable for their actions.

I agree that people need to feel as part of a team, but also that they have some value to contribute situtations.

You know your statement is so true. I am new in my position and I am trying to build a caring team of Instructors. Most are older than me and have already been working there.Besides all of that, I now understand that just like a student, if they are an unwilling person, they can not be coached!I try to learn as much as I can about being a good coach.

Nicole ,
keep after developing those skills & yes, the person must be willing to be coached.

Dr. Ryan Meers

Sign In to comment