Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Positive praise

Being an instructor of both traditional face-to-face courses as well as an online instructor, constructive feedback is necessary, if not vital. From the course, I appreciate the correlation of feedback of colleagues as well as students. I also appreciate the discussion of providing positive feedback. The point about issuing praise carefully is something I do not think about as much as a I should. Ensuring that praise is presented in the proper fashion makes sure that the student (or recipient) will benefit from the praise.

In your opinion, what considerations play into determining the "right" time to give praise? Can you give me an example?

I think that anytime is the right time to give praise, especically when the employee leasts expects the praise. You want your praise to be authentic and not just based on specific projects.

When? Immediately after having identifying something as praiseworthy. For example: a student identifying a new skill on a patient who followed through by confirming in the record that there was a problem as suspected by this student/

Sign In to comment