Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Multiple / Too Long of Meetings

I have observed that if there are too many or to long of meetings, attendees become less focused. Many times participants are working on other things, or trying to plan a schedule to accomplish tasks missed because time is being used for meetings. I n order to keep meetings effective brief to the point agendas are required. Meetings should start and end at the schedule times. have observed tht if there are to many or to long of meetings, attendees become less focused. Many times participants are working on other things, or trying to plan a schedule to accoplish tasks that time is being used for meetings. I n order to keep meetings effective brief to the point agendas are required. Meetings should start and end at the schedule times.

nice posting regarding this situation on meetings when it relates to agenda's. A vast majority of times meetings seem to over-extend the time allotted missing the true purpose of the meeting. In this siuation your audience seems to not understand the purpose of the meeting.

I completely agree about sticking to the time schedule. If you are only half-way through the agenda when the meeting is scheduled to end, either you are not focused enough in the meeting or you had more to discuss than originally thought. Either way, schedule another meeting and figure out in the mean time why you did not accomplish your goal so your next meeting runs smoother. Time is valuable in the business world, and while meetings can be productive they are are hard on people's work schedules.

I agree that too long of meetings and meetings that are open for dialog can be non-productive and frustrating.

We must remember that one person's passion could be another person's trip to boredom. So keeping an agenda and sticking to the meeting start and end times is important. Meetings go to long for a variety of reasons that include: Sheduling at the wrong times, too many agenda items, personal conversations, and straying off topic.

Holding of conferences using information technology is the wave of the future. I find that phone conferencing and webinars are very productive, covers the vital points and questions and reviews of topics are easily interactive. These meetings have structure and are always scheduled ahead of time with time limits. I appreciate these meetings more than face-to-face meeting, perhaps it's it's because I find them more productive. What is your view on the different meeting styles and which do you enjoy most.

I agree.

Sign In to comment