Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Fearing Public Speaking/Talking and not Listening

I had a fear of public speaking and I realized in life you need to have the confidence to talk effectively to people in a public setting. I am an Admissions Representative and have been for 5 years and to be effective in promoting your product which in my case is an Education, I need to be confident in what I am saying or you will lose the interest of the prospect very quickly! To be effective you need to have the prospect interact with you because if you do all the talking and not enough of listening you will not be effective. You need to be a Great Listener as well as observer because if you are losing the prospects interests you need to adapt and change your approach to regain their interest. Is there anyone that feels they do too much talking and not enough listening? I used too but realized I am now a better listener.

I watch myself while talking about certain topics. I can tell very quickly if I am losing the attention of students. At that time I summarize and move on. as far as listening I have a very open class room and if there are no questions sometimes I will ask them questions to get them involved.

Sign In to comment